Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hotel Cooking Day 4

Grilled Cheese with Turkey



My lovely husband and I decided we wanted to be incredibly fancy this day. So of course two fancy individuals like ourselves had to have a fancy dinner.. Grilled cheese. HOWEVER, before you start to judge my level of class here, it was probably the most amazingly prepared grilled cheese of my life. Definitely by far, the best one I have ever had. Of course with my husband, he sticks to what he knows, so he was expecting some "popcorn soup" along with the sandwich. If you're anything like me, and no I don't just mean an immigrant, you're probably wondering what "popcorn soup" is... it's tomato soup... from a can... with popcorn in it. Yep. Just that. So if you're into pairing your delicious grilled cheese sandwich that is excruciatingly finger licking good with tomato paste in a can... be my guest, but you'll never see me doing that. And remember, I know what's best ;)


Ingredients :

- 2 slices of any bread of your choice.
- 2 to 4 thin sliced squares of butter.
- 2 to 4 slices of turkey or any other deli meat you choose.
- 2 slices of yellow American cheese.
- Salt to taste.


Steps :

1. Preheat your pan on low to medium heat.
2. Arrange your sandwich in this order : slice of bread, 2 squares of butter, salt, slice of cheese, your deli meat, slice of cheese, salt, 2 remaining squares of butter and your 2nd piece of bread.
3. Apply your sandwich to your preheated pan and push down on top of it with a spatula, hard. Hold your position for 10-20 seconds, check if the other piece of bread is golden brown, if so, flip your sandwich and repeat.
4. Once done, enjoy it.

So if you want to be as fancy and rolling around in class as my husband and I, you need to make this AMAZING grilled cheese sandwich. Now go, go, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment