Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hotel Cooking Day 2

Beef Flank Steak Cups with Sauteed Broccoli and Bacon



With our second night here, it's been quite a challenge trying to get things in order. Between going around town and trying to find the best produce and meat store, to going to our storage locker and picking up a few more items, it's been insane. However, now it's dinner time, and I must find something creative to do. Since my husband is probably the least picky eater in the world, it's great to have him be my guinea pig, especially after he's been gone for so long and I've had to resort to having picky friends try my food and tell me it sucks... wonderful, I know. Anyway, back to the point, my husband said he absolutely LOVED this dinner, and that he thought something like this would NOT be possible by using only ONE pan.. especially because I hate washing dishes.. oh how I miss having a dishwasher.. BUT I DID IT! Although I have to thank the bacon for saving my ass on this one. It could have turned ugly..fast.

Ingredients :
- 4-8 pieces of round flank steak
- 1-2 broccoli florets, cut into smaller crowns.
- 4-10 strips of bacon, cut into cubes (I prefer hickory smoked)
- 1/2 stick of butter

Steps :
1. Heat up your skillet on medium-high heat and throw in 1/2 a stick of butter. Once melted, put your flank steak in the pan and cook until the steak is browned and forms a cup shape. Cook both sides. Once cooked, put on a plate and wait until the 2nd step is completed. (Tip : the thinner the cut of meat, the more of a cup shape it will give you)
2. Heat up a second pan and throw in your cubed bacon. Cook until crispy. Once crispy, dispose of most of your bacon drippings. Or save them in a jar or container for future use. Then throw in your your broccoli crowns and sautee until desired doneness.
3. Once the above steps are completed, arrage your flank steak cups on your serving plate and spoon in the crispy bacon and broccoli into the cups.
4. Pair with Alfredo fettuccine, rice, mashed potatoes or side of your choice and enjoy.

That's all there is to it. It's a quick and delicious dinner and you won't spend a ton of money on it. Who doesn't love extra cash in their pockets?!

No comments:

Post a Comment